Hot & Nutty Chocolate Bark
It is my favorite chocolate recipie. It is simple, delicious and great for any holiday gift.
- 1 skillet
- 1 small baking pan
- 12 oz. of bitter or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon of quinoa seeds
- 1/4 cup of hulled unsalted pecans, small peaces
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place the quinoa seeds in a skillet over medium-low heat and toast for about 3 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place the pecans in a skillet over medium-low heat and toast for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate according to the manufacturer's directions. Once melted add the coconut and cayenne pepper.
- Spread onto a flat baking pan lined with a parchment paper in 1/2 inch-thick layer. Sprinkle over and press into the chocolate the pecans and quinoa seeds.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until hardened.
- Remove the paper, break into pieces and serve or store in the fridge in a container for few days.
You can substitute cayenne pepper for any other spices.