Every year we get together to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends and family. We give thanks for an abundance of food on our table and appreciate others for joining us on this day. Why do we need to wait until November to give thanks? Can’t we be thankful every day, every minute and express gratitude towards everyone and everything we have?
Robert A. Emmons, professor of psychology at the University of California and his research team have studied more than one thousand people, from ages eight to eighty, and found that people who practice gratitude consistently report a host of benefits:
- Stronger immune systems
- Less bothered by aches and pains
- Lower blood pressure
- Exercise more and take better care of their health
- Sleep longer and feel more refreshed upon waking
- Higher levels of positive emotions
- More alert, alive, and awake
- More joy and pleasure
- More optimism and happiness
- More helpful, generous, and compassionate
- More forgiving
- More outgoing
- Feel less lonely and isolated
Knowing the power of gratitude, I wanted it to be a part of my children’s lives. I believe that it is our responsibility to be good role models for our kids. So a few years ago, I created a Gratitude Jar that I placed in the foyer of our house. We made a commitment to write one sentence of gratitude at the end of each day on a sticky note and put it in the jar. Then once our gratitude jar got full, we opened it and took turns reading our “thanks”. Daily practices like these enforce good habit formations and positive attitudes toward everything around us.
Thankfulness is an attitude that you can practice and develop. It takes 4 weeks to start new habits. So, join our 30-Day Gratitude Challenge as a great way to keep yourself in a thankful and positive state of mind consistently. 30-Day Gratitude Challenge will help you to:
- Develop a habit practicing gratitude on a regular bases
- Change your attitude toward yourself and others around you
- Discover the meaning and purpose in your life
- Become happier and healthier YOU
Be ready for some awesomeness!
As my gift of appreciation JOIN CHALLENGE for free
Miracles will happen.